Responding to NCP leader Nawab Malik’s “fake” raid comment, NCB Mumbai Director Sameer Wankhede on Thursday said “all action has been taken within the ambit of law,” in the cruise drug bust case.
A day after NCP leader Nawab Malik alleged that the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) raid on the luxury cruise liner last week was “fake”, NCB Mumbai Director Sameer Wankhede on Thursday said, “all action has been taken within the ambit of the law.”
Speaking to India Today TV, Sameer Wankhede said that the seizure memos (panchnamas) were drawn as per the provisions established by the law.
“We have already held a press conference, yet let us tell you that we have given 9 names who did the panchnama as witnesses in the case. All action has been taken within the ambit of the law,” Wankhade said.
On Wednesday, NCP leader Nawab Malik alleged that the NCB raid on a luxury cruise liner last week was “fake” and some functionaries of the BJP were part of the NCB raid. He also said that the procedure for the seizure of drugs as prescribed in the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act was not followed and the drug enforcement agency “concocted” the raid and seizure to “frame” the accused.
Sameer Wankhede also said that the people Nawab Malik named– Kiran Gosavi and Manish Bhanushali– had also come to give their panchnama in the case, in addition to the 9 individuals associated with the NCB raid.
Responding to the allegations that NCB is only arresting celebrities and people associated with them and there is political pressure, Sameer Wankhede said that they are all government servants and doing their duty.
“We are all government servants and doing our duty. NCB is a professional organisation and whoever is found violating the NDPS rule, we are taking action against them and will continue to take action. In the last one year in Mumbai and Maharashtra, we have tried to create a drug-free environment and the statistics prove this,” Wankhade said, adding that in a year, NCB has arrested 320 people, raided 2 big drug factories, and busted many big drug syndicates and gangs.
“You know the names of a lot of people, so the statistics are testimonials to what we do. In 1 year, more than 100 crore drugs have been caught. We will continue to do the same thing in the future,” Wankhede added.
On being asked about what proof they have got against Aryan Khan, the NCB director said that the matter is presently in court and the organization has submitted all the evidence in court.
“We have submitted all the evidence in court and will continue to do so. Talking about this case, so far we have arrested 16 people and caught many different types of drugs,” Wankhede added.