India has registered 8,439 new Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours, 23.7% higher than yesterday. It brings the total caseload to 3,46,56,822.
1. Top five states which have registered maximum cases are Kerala with 4,656 cases, followed by Tamil Nadu with 710 cases, Maharashtra with 699 cases, West Bengal with 507 cases, and Karnataka with 299 cases.
2. 195 deaths were reported in the country in the last 24 hours, increasing the total reported death count to 4,73,952.
3. 81.41% of the new cases are reported from these five states, with Kerala alone responsible for 55.17% of the new cases.
4. Maximum casualties were reported in Kerala (134), followed by Maharashtra (19).
5. India’s recovery rate now stands at 98.36%. A total of 9,525 patients have recovered in the last 24 hours, which brings the total recoveries to 3,40,89,137 across the country.
6. India’s active caseload stands at 93,733. In the last 24 hours, active cases have declined by 1,281.
7. India has administered a total of 73,62,000 doses in the last 24 hours, which brings the total tally of doses administered to 1,29,54,19,975. A total of 12,13,130 samples were tested for Covid-19 in the last 24 hours.