Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra announced farm loan waiver, 20 lakh government jobs, electricity bill waiver during pandemic, and a compensation Rs 25,000 thousand for kin of Covid-19 victims if Congress is voted to power in UP.
Congress general secretary Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Saturday flagged off three ‘Pratigya Yatras’ from Barabanki to take to the people various resolutions adopted by the party ahead of the 2022 assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.The three yatras going in different routes — from Barabanki to Bundelkhand, Saharanpur to Mathura and Varanasi to Rae Bareli — will be taken out from October 23 to November 1.
Addressing the crowd gathered at Barabanki, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra announced farm loan waiver, 20 lakh government jobs, electricity bill waiver during pandemic, and a compensation Rs 25,000 thousand for Covid-19 victims if Congress is voted to power in UP.
Earlier, the Congress leader had announced that the party will field women in 40 percent seats in the next year’s state assembly polls. She had also announced that all Class 12 pass girls will be given a smartphone, while all graduate girls will get an electric scooty if her party forms a government in Uttar Pradesh.
On Saturday, the Congress leader added that separate manifesto for women will be released in coming weeks.
Taking a swipe at the BJP-led government, Priyanka Gandhi Vadra referred to the recent Lakhimpur Kheri violence and alleged that the son of a Union minister in Narendra Modi-led government killed the farmers.
“How much importance has been given to these farmers, it was seen with how much delay was made in arresting him [Ashish Misra],” Priyanka Gandhi said, adding, “Till date the minister [Ajay Misra] is in the ministry.”
Here’s what all Priyanka Gandhi Vadra pledged if Congress comes to power:
- Will give smartphones to Class 12 girls, and scooty to graduate girl students.
- We will waive all the loans of farmers. We have shown that the loans of 72 thousand crores have been waived earlier.
- Like Chhattisgarh, we will fix wheat and paddy prices at Rs 2500 in UP. The support price of sugarcane will be Rs 400 per quintal.
- We will completely waive the electricity bill during the time of Covid-19 pandemic, as well as halve everyone’s electricity bill.
- Will give financial assistance of Rs 25,000 to poor families who were unable to earn during the Corona period.
- We will work to provide 20 lakh government jobs in the state and will also work to regularise contractual workers.