On Tuesday, former Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis alleged that Maharashtra Minister Nawab Malik and his family members had entered into illicit land deals linked to the underworld.
Mumbai: Amid an ongoing war of words with former Maharashtra chief minister Devendra Fadnavis, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Nawab Malik has claimed that he will ‘drop a hydrogen bomb’ on Wednesday morning. Last week, Fadnavis had claimed that he will drop a ‘bomb’ by exposing Malik’s alleged links with the underworld.
In response, Nawab Malik had said – Fadnavis’ bomb turned out to be a ‘dud cracker’ but he will drop a ‘hydrogen bomb’ on Wednesday morning, exposing how the BJP leader held the city hostage when he was chief minister.
On Tuesday, while addressing a press conference, Devendra Fadnavis, the Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Assembly had alleged that Malik had entered into fictitious land deals via frontmen linked to underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and his sister Haseena Parker. He claimed that Malik and his family members purchased land linked to convicts of 1993 Mumbai blasts via a company. “Why did you do business with the killers of Mumbaikars?” Fadnavis questioned.
Have been in public life for 26 years, no one linked family to the underworld: Malik
Malik had refuted the claims and said that the land deals were clean. 62-year-old Nawab Malik claimed that he has been in public life for 26 years and no one has ever levelled allegations against him connecting his family with the underworld.
Nawab Malik has been levelling a series of allegations against Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Mumbai zonal director Sameer Wankhede, who was probing the alleged drugs-on-cruise case. Malik had alleged that the case was ‘fake’ and claimed that a BJP functionary was the mastermind of the drugs case.