The new cabinet of Gujarat’s Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel was sworn in on Thursday. Over 20 MLAs including Nareshbhai Patel, Manisha Vakil, and Kiritsinh Jitubha Rana took oath as ministers around 1.30 pm today.
An MLA from Bhuj, Nimaben Acharya is the new Speaker of the Gujarat Assembly.
Rajendra Trivedi, who resigned as the Gujarat Assembly Speaker hours before the oath-taking ceremony, has also been alloted a ministerial berth in the new Gujarat cabinet.
Here’s a list of Council of Minister who took oath on Thursday:
1. Former Gujarat Speaker Rajendra Trivedi
2. Bhavnagar Paschim MLA Jitu Vaghani
3. Surat West MLA Purnesh Modi
4. Visnagar MLA Rishikesh Patel
5. Jamnagar Rural MLA Raghavji Patel
6. Pardi MLA Kanubhai Desai
7. Limbdi MLA Kiritsinh Jitubha Rana
8. Gandevi MLA Nareshbhai Patel
9. Asarwa MLA Pradip Parmar
10. Mahemdavad MLA Arjunsinh Chauhan
11. Surat-Majura MLA Harsh Sanghvi
12. Nikol MLA Jagdish Panchal
13. Morbi MLA Brijesh Merja
14. Kaprada MLA Jitu Choudhary
15. Vadodara MLA Manisha Vakil
16. Olpad MLA Mukesh Patel
17. Morva(Hadaf) MLA Nimishaben Suthar
18. Rajkot East MLA Arvind Raiyani
19. Sitarampur MLA Kuberbhai Dindor
20. Kankrej MLA Kirtisinh Vaghela
21. Prantij MLA Gajendrasinh Parmar
22. Mahuva (Bhavnagar) MLA RC Makwana
23. Katargam (Surat) Vinod Moradiya
24. Keshod MLA Deva Malam
The new cabinet of Gujarat’s Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel was sworn in at 1:30 pm on Thursday. Some new faces were also inducted after the first reshuffle of the Gujarat cabinet under Bhupendra Patel.
Tribal MLAs including Naresh Patel and Jitu Choudhary also bagged a place in the Gujarat cabinet.
Governor Acharya Devvrat administers oath to 24 ministers in the new cabinet of Gujarat pic.twitter.com/PH13MaExRP
Meanwhile, Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel and Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama were dropped in the first reshuffle of the new Gujarat cabinet.
Bhupendra Patel, a first-time BJP MLA from Ghatlodia constituency, was chosen as Vijay Rupani’s successor earlier this week. He took oath as Gujarat’s 17th chief minister on Monday.